Indianapolis Divorce Law Firm Serving Central Indiana
If you are contemplating ending your marriage, it is important to consider the long-term personal and financial impacts. Your divorce settlement will affect you and your children for many years to come. This is why, when deciding between divorce law firms, it is so important to choose an experienced divorce attorney from Haggerty, Haggerty and Maschmeyer.
Evaluating your needs
The first step is to ask yourself what you are trying to accomplish in a divorce settlement:
- Do you expect that you and your spouse will agree to an uncontested divorce or mediation? Or has your relationship deteriorated to the point that you expect the divorce to be bitter and contentious, requiring a more aggressive approach from your attorney?
- Are your financial affairs fairly simple? Or do you have complex property holdings and child support goals, requiring a lawyer with sophisticated tax and financial experience to help you design a plan for a satisfactory settlement?
Qualities to look for in a family law firm
Here are some of the qualities to look for when selecting a divorce attorney to represent you:
- Knowledge. The law firm should have the knowledge to guide you through the complex calculations, financial disclosures, and legal issues involved in a divorce case.
- Experience. Your attorney should have the experience and the skill needed to deal with custody, support payment, and parenting time/visitation issues.
- Versatile. The law firm should be equipped to work with you whether your financial affairs are simple or complex. Sometimes divorce proceedings that start out friendly can become hostile when the parties cannot agree on some issues. You need an attorney who is able to shift strategies to meet challenges if they arise.
- Personalized attention. Your attorney should work with you personally, instead of having you talk to automated phone prompts.
- Commitment. The law firm should be committed to returning calls and explaining the legal process to you every step of the way.
The Indianapolis divorce law firm of Haggerty, Haggerty and Maschmeyer has the versatility, knowledge, and experience to guide you in arriving at a divorce settlement that is fair to all parties involved and meets the long-term needs of you and your children. We respond to phone calls and emails promptly, and have more than one attorney available in the event that an emergency arises in your case.
Our law firm was founded over 50 years ago, and our current law partners have from 20 to 28 years of experience, enabling us to handle both simple and complex divorce cases. Haggerty, Haggerty and Maschmeyer has an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review rating by Martindale-Hubbell, which identifies an attorney with very high to preeminent legal ability.
Contact an experienced divorce law firm in Indianapolis
The law firm of Haggerty, Haggerty, and Maschmeyer has decades of experience in successfully representing divorce and post-divorce modification and contempt cases in central Indiana. We also offer mediation services for those seeking to reach a divorce settlement outside of court. We offer a free, brief initial telephone consultation with one of our law partners. Our Indianapolis divorce law firm is conveniently located near downtown Indianapolis. If you need a seasoned attorney on your side to ensure that your divorce or post-divorce modification or contempt case is handled fairly, contact the law firm of Haggerty, Haggerty, and Maschmeyer to discuss your case.